Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

How do you toast?

from here

I have a always had a Dualit toaster on my 'list' .... you know that totally indulgent list of wants and desires for the home etc.

Anyway, recently our toaster broke down - now, this would normally send me into a total toaster investigation (as with any other electrical product I have replaced), but when this happened I knew exactly what I wanted.




from here

I don't quite know what it is about the Dualit, but it has always screamed quality to me - from its sleek looks to its extra wide slots .... yes I do believe I am infatuated. One thing I have never been excited about though is its rather large ...... price tag! At a price of over $500 for a four slot it was definitely not going to fit into my rather smaller toaster budget. Enter the ever trusty ebay and, at a price of only $133, I found a four slot stainless steel and white cast aluminum toaster - perfect! It looks similar to this one ...

from here

Dualit toasters were first invented in the 1950's, and even today each toaster is hand made with the individual makers mark stamped on the bottom - how cool is that?!

I received our new/old toaster today all the way for NSW, so I am yet to clean it up for photographing (my apologies). I must say, I am looking forward to using it at breakfast tomorrow morning.
So, how do you toast? Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Great find Michelle, you saved a fortune. Enjoy your brekkie tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great eBay find - nice one! Enjoy the toast from your new stylish toaster :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your toaster. It is very funky. I didn't realise they were so expensive either! xx

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.