Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sydney and Reno. Update

Hope everyone had a great weekend. My girlfriends and I had a fantastic long weekend in Sydney, we only wish it could have been longer! We managed to shop until our feet hurt a lot eat, drink and of coarse talk until the wee hours of the morning. We haven't had a weekend like that in a really long time - it was actually the first time I had spent 3 nights away from my children - lets just say I needed it!!

Thought I would share some of the highlights with you. We ate spectacularly each day, which was one of our goals - one of the best restaurants we ate at was a place called Wine Odyssey Australia at The Rocks. The menu consisted of some awesome Australian fare and along with a-la-carte you could order off the 'Flight Menu'. This menu consisted of a three course meal with the wines already selected for you - and let me say is was delicious to the extreme! Now I have had this type of meal before, usually costing in the region of $100, but this was a little different with each meal being a tasting portion at a total cost of around $35! I had the Sparkling Wine Flight pictured below - with poached quail egg on brioche toast, king prawn & sweet potato gnocchi, and duck terrine to finish - yum!!! All the wines were exceptional too - if you live in Sydney and haven't tried it I would definitely recommend you put it on your list!


After the main, the dessert menu which was also a tasting dish for only $26, was washed down with a port! We all agreed this was our favourite restaurant of the trip.


We started out with a wish list of shopping destinations and got around most of them - Doug Up on Bourke (my fav), David Met Nicole, Koskela, Have You Met Miss Jones (closed while she is on leave unfortunately), I Ran The Wrong Way, Oxford Street strip shopping, and Oxford Street Markets, Pitt Street and the QVB Building (of coarse) - phew we were certainly exhausted at the end of each day, but it was well worth it!!!

Coming home I was a little anxious as to what I would find knowing that the demolition of the bathrooms was taking place while I was away. Well, they didn't disappoint - my house is full of rubble as you would expect, but I am really really excited about the new spaces! The main bathroom is going to be a great size 3.5m x 2.5m and the ensuite will definitely be adequate at 2.5m x 1.4m. At the moment they look like this ....

main bathroom

looking from main bathroom into what will be new ensuite

ensuite

The new walk-in-robe has been sheeted, along with the new linen cupboard.

walk-in-robe

The builder and plumber are back tomorrow and all of my bathroom goodies arrive - yay! Hopefully I will have some better images for you all by the end of the week. I'm off to look at more tiles - I can't seem to find any I love but I will keep you posted.
Michelle

12 comments:

  1. Your trip sounded fantastic Michelle. But you must be excited about the progress on your bathrooms. Can't wait to see how it looks. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a wonderful weekend! We all need time with our girlfriends xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my favourite Sydney places - we lived behind Paddo market before Auckland. Doug's is fabulous.... glad you had a great trip... A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I am so jealous of your Sydney trip - I love Sydney and a wander around Oxford Street and the surrounding Paddington streets as well as the QV Building are definite favourites of mine too. I went to David Met Nicole last time but Doug Up On Bourke is definitely on my 'next time' list. Did you buy anything there? That restaurant you went to looks amazing and those desserts - yummo!! Looks like your place is in definite demolition stage - can't wait to see the bathroom progress!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great time. Girls need girlfriends. Might pass that restaurant on to my sister who lives down that way... Look your fav blogs! They are fantstic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle, glad you had a wonderful 'girls' weekend away. I am going to note down some of those tips for my next trip. How fantastic to come back to some action taking place with your bathrooms etc... Looking forward to seeing some more shots. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend, Its so nice to have uninterupted girl friend time to be able to have a really good chat & giggle!!
    Great to see your reno's taking off, like my hubby always says "No Mess, No Progress!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the bathroom hope all goes well..and sounds like your girl weekend was fabulous...think I need one of those...uninterupted talk,drink and eating ;) YES.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful weekend..I used to shop at QVB when I worked in Sydney, it's lovely. Love what you came home to! Only renos can be equally distressing and exciting at the same time..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh I could so do with a trip like that right about now :]

    A lil blog giveaway over at my blog, all welcome~!


    http://theserendipitycafe.blogspot.com/2010/10/serendipity-cafe-blog-giveaway.html

    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a fab weekend michelle, and how exciting that your reno is charging along. looking forward to seeing the end result - hope it goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lucky you...hope you are hving fun with all your new bathrooom bits, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.