Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sweet Finds


Hope you all had a great weekend. We had a fantastic time in Sydney, this trip was all about the girls so we did a lot of sight-seeing and going to places like the zoo - which my oldest agrees was the highlight of the trip! Back in Brissy and couldn't go past Anne's Second Hand shop in Oxford St, Bulimba without stopping in and saying hello - glad I did today as I found this glorious pin-board for $4.50 (you couldn't even buy the ribbon for that price). I have plans to put this in the girls play room as my oldest loves taking and displaying photos and cutting out colourful shapes (wonder where miss 4 gets that from?). If you come over this way a trip into Anne's store is well worth it, stocked to the brim with everything you can imagine it is a wonderland for op-shop fossickers like me, and don't worry Anne knows where everything is and what everything is priced at - she has been in the area a long time, is a lovely lady, and is one of our local 'icons'. Also displayed in the image above, on the lower left hand side, is a beautiful butterfly paperweight bought from Nest Emporium in Thirroul (near Wollongong), a gorgeous homeware store (I wanted to buy everything!). Other items shown on the pin-board are butterfly gift tags, a heart garland, and butterfly decorations which are all available from my store. The paper art on the right hand side is one of my own creations, a similar one - 'Hearts a Flutter' is also available through my store. The 'love' gift tags shown are given as a gift with the purchase of any of my products. The wooden tree was purchased from Freedom some time ago and usually houses some of my oldest daughter's jewels :)
I'll post an image when I get around to putting this pin-board in situ. For now I have to finish my assignments and exams (I know)!

2 comments:

  1. just lovely! what a bargain too! looking forward to having a ferret around anne's soon. your paper creations are just lovely and it was nice to chat with you on sunday. i was and still am a little out of whack at the moment so i look forward to a proper chat soon, perhaps at rummage? have a good week. ps. your girls are just beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous pin up board! I will have to pay that store a visit on my next holiday over east. I love the paperweight you got too.

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.