Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

My Find!

Hope everyone has had a fantastic week! I can't believe it's Friday already!



Recently I discovered a gorgeous little store called 'Fairies at Work' which is packed to the brim with wonderful little goodies. Imagine a really, really, really, compact version of the W.A.C. along with every fantastic garage sale you have every been to - mix it all together - and .... voila you have 'Fairies at Work'! The owner is a sweet lady who sells vintage linens, kitchenware, china, jewellery, furniture .... and the list goes on.

I had no idea which way to look in this store, and admit I have to go back when I have more time for a closer look! But I did find a wonderful Glass Dome - yay - and only $20!!! I have been looking for a second hand one of these for what seems like forever, and finally found it in this magical little store. I guess fairies really were at work!

Below is my wonderful little glass dome (or cloche) sitting next to some very old plumbers lasts that I found in an antique store many years ago. Okay my dome didn't come with a fancy silver stand like the one in the image above ... but I think it is beautiful anyway!


I know I'm not the only one who likes to display items under glass....

Very pretty ...


The modern look ....


This one brought a smile to my face ....



My purchase got me thinking ...... what's under your dome? Would love it if you shared.

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Michelle

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! Thanks just so pretty!!! I love what you do with it! Now I want one too :) Have a good weekend Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cars under glass/in a jar What a great idea, my son would love that. What clever ideas, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your dome. I dont have one as yet - heaps of glass jars/bottles though not the same. your display in it looks great too. What are plumbers lasts? Have a lovely weekend.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont have a dome..... yet! Love your dome and the one with the cars in it is sooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, I love these, where can I find them, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Michelle....!

    So GLAD you found a dome....It looks GORGEOUS filled with your design work....!

    THANKS for sharing the other pics as well....My FAVE was the one with the matchbox cars under it....I DO have a soft spot for these toys from my childhood so if I'm LUCKY enough to find a dome for myself, I'll send you a pic with MY cars inside....!

    Cheers for now & have a FAB weekend,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Michelle what a great find and such a fabulous price. I have been on the look out for some as well. Love the pic with the cars. Hope you are having a great weekend Kym X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Michelle, I have a matching pair of glass domes and the second one I picked up just last week for $14 (I had to check with the lady in the shop that the price was correct!)from a shop just down the street. I took it home in the bottom of the pram at my 3 year old son's feet and...it survived the journey. I used them yesterday at a baby shower I hosted to display some hand knitted baby booties and everyone just loved the idea. It was a nice decorative touch on the table. Great post!
    X Briohny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Fairies at Work is FANTASTIC and I always tell Denise her prices are so reasonable....Denise is an amazing seamstress and makes the most devine costumes aswell...she is one of those... never stop for a minute girls... and has so many projects on the go. She is also very generous and very kind.Glad you found her shop,I keep telling her she needs to do a blog....she will be thrilled you have mentioned her on yours, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to have a look, oh, is it online? Have to go and check; it sounds great! Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a great weekend!!!
    hugs from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle! These are so cute! What an easy way to change out a centerpiece for the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love displaying items under glass! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.