Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Favourites & Renovation Stage 2

As many of you will already know I am a serial home renovator. We currently (and I say currently, because yes, we already have our next reno lined up) live in a brick home originally built in 1981, so far we have completely redesigned the downstairs area of the home - the first stage. We are soon going to embark on our second stage. Major areas requiring attention for the completion of stage two:

1. Master bedroom reconfigured to incorporate a walk in robe
2. Addition of ensuite (master suite)
3. Complete redesign of main bathroom
4. Deck to side of house along with new fence
5. Garden redesign and replanting
6. Lots more painting inside and out ...

Friends have urged me to put our house on my blog, so I have finally succumb to the pressure (I am weak) and starting next week I will include pictures of our interior. I love looking in other peoples homes as much as you do, so I guess its my turn to show you all a little of how I live.

True confessions: some of you may not know but along with being a renovator I am a mother of two little girls aged four and eighteen months (they keep me pretty busy), I am studying interior design, and earlier this year I set up my business Paper Tree Design. As I am planning to complete stage two of our reno, and also renovate our little townhouse near the beach this year, I have decided to put my studies on hold for this semester - a big decision as I only have 4 subjects to go. My husband sat me down and said 'something had to give' - to preserve my sanity - so no study this semester! I hope you will all stick with me and follow our ups and downs as we start the process. I may even start to post more regularly (ahh)! Thanks for all your support, blogging has really opened my eyes this year, it has given me more inspirations (and information) than I could have dreamed of ... so I thank all my lovely followers and hope I have made a few blogfriends along the way! (okay, no more mushy stuff)

For now: I have started to plan what we will do with our bedroom. Whenever I plan a space I put together an 'inspiration folder', these images will form part of that folder (along with many others taken from magazines) as I search for the perfect bedroom solution for us. If anyone knows of a site with beautiful bedrooms - I would love to know about it.

Hope you enjoy these .... which one(s) do you like best???


1. Neutral symmetry....


2. Hello Yellow ....

3. Back to nature modern ... not sure about achieving the tree in the middle of the room!

4. Ahh .... butterflies ... I would love some wallpaper to feature in our room

5. A bit OTT .... not sure about the bath in the bedroom!

6. A touch of retro .... yay!



Now, if you have read all of that long winded post - and are still awake - you probably deserve a coffee!!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Michelle

20 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, I am really enjoying reading your blog and your paper art is gorgeous. You sure are a very busy woman and I'm really looking forward to seeing some pics of your reno in progress! Thanks for sharing :) Oh and my favourite bedroom is the first one, it evokes a sense of calm which I think is beautiful for a bedroom. Have a great weekend!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tired listening to all the things you have on your plate! I guess one can't do everything at the same time. Anyway, I love seeing what others do with their renovations - it's always interesting and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I don't know how you do it even taking away the study!! So big high five to you! :-)

    I love the first image the most. Have a lovely weekend!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too are serial reno people! It has lagged a little with a toddler in tow as I'm sure you would understand. Reading this post makes me want to get up and do something...anything..to move this project forwards....in fact...off I go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your house next week :)
    Love those bedroom pics. I like the first one, the last one and the one with the Porter's Paints wallpaper. try decorpad.com for great bedroom inspiration etc. I know what you mean about somthing's gotta give, I think it's right to sacrifice one thing to get other stuff done. It can all get too much otherwise. Have a lovely weekend Michelle.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the image with the butterfly wallpaper in my collection of favourite pix, too! So that would have to be up there for me, plus I love the retro one. I look forward to following it all! Jane (the girl in the brick house).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a neutral symmetry girl so image 1 for me.
    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your home:o)
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first bedroom just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. good for you...prioritise *out* one part of the equation & then re-focus...

    it's amazing how much you need to achieve in the next semester- without the study anyway!

    so enjoy the gorgeous kiddos...
    enjoy the creative-ness of renovating...
    & have a lovely weekend...

    melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Michelle, nice post. I can't wait to see some of your home and renovation plans... I love the first shot and have the magazine that came out of in my keep pile. Also being relatively new to blogging I am really enjoying this new world and the lovely encouragement and ideas you get along the way. People have been very generous and helpful with the how and where's... Looking forward to next week. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first image, the symmetry and all the mirrored finishes - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I can't wait to see your pics! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michelle, how on earth do you fit all that in? Amazing! Brabourne Farm blog has several beautiful bedroom images. Can't wait to see your reno pictures. Have a lovely Sunday..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmmm I'm not sure which one Michelle but think I would go with a touch of retro as I do love a touch of retro in my own home. Have just sold off a few of my favourite pieces now though so will have to go on the hunt again!! Good idea putting your studies on hold for a semester, with two little ones I think my head would be exploding doing all that together!!!
    alicia :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It saddens me that I must learn of your study plans via blogland but am very happy you have made them! Maybe more play-dates instead??? Love the first room and the vintage one too by the way...will get onto your builder about them! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all your comments and recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for all your lovely comments. I will have to check out Brabourne Farm too Rachael.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to you sharing your house with us - these are all gorgeous bedrooms but I love the butterfly one.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post with delicious images. Yum. I love, love, love that top image.

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete

Fantastic! I love it when you leave a comment.